CMSgt Timothy J. Wieser is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Test Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Edwards Air Force Base, California. As the Command Chief, he is the principle advisor to the commander and senior staff on all matters pertaining to morale, welfare, professional development, training and effective utilization of the center's 18,000 military and civilian personnel across 3 military installations and 30 geographically separated units. The Air Force Test Center is a $31 billion enterprise that provides developmental test and evaluation of experimental and research manned and unmanned air, space and cyber systems for the military services, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) and international partners; as well as operates the Air Force Test Pilot School.
Chief Wieser enlisted in the United States Air Force in November of 1998. He has held a variety of key leadership and management positions at the squadron, group, and wing levels. His previous assignments include bases in Texas, South Korea, South Dakota, Alaska, Arkansas, Kuwait, New Mexico, Georgia and North Dakota. He has also deployed in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM, PACIFIC ANGEL, and INHERENT RESOLVE. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot Air Force Base North Dakota.
2002 Airmen Leadership School, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2002 Associate of Applied Science degree in Ecological Controls, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Associate of Applied Science degree in Instructor Technology in Military Science, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2009 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2009 Master and Community College of the Air Force Occupationally Certified Instructor Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University, Wichita Falls, Texas
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course II, by correspondence
2019 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md
2021 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
2022 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
- November 1998 - December 1998, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
- December 1998 - March 1999, Student, Technical Training School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- March 1999 - July 2002, Utilities Systems Journeyman, 82d Civil Engineer Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas. (November 1999 - March 2000, Water Plant Operator, Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia)
- July 2002 - July 2003, Utilities Systems Journeyman, 51st Civil Engineer Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
- July 2003 - November 2005, Utilities Systems Craftsman, 5th Civil Engineer Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D. (May 2004 - November 2004, Utilities Systems Craftsman, 732d Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron, Abu Ghraib Prison, Iraq)
- November 2005 - November 2006, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Water Treatment Plant, 8th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
- November 2006 - October 2010, Section Chief, Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Course. 366th Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- October 2010 - February 2013, Infrastructure Superintendent, 28th Civil Engineer Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D. (September 2011 - December 2011, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, District North, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
- February 2013 - February 2016, Operations Engineering Superintendent, 773d Civil Engineer Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf/Richardson, Alaska
- February 2016 - February 2017, Squadron Superintendent, 19th Civil Engineer Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark. 11. February 2017 - January 2018, Superintendent, 386th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Southwest Asia
- March 2018 - May 2019, Superintendent, 635th Materiel Maintenance Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
- May 2019 - November 2020, Command Chief, 78th Air Base Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
- November 2020 – June 2022, Command Chief, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
- June 2022- Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Test Center, Edwards AFB, CA.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
2001 Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
2014 PACAF Civil Engineer Superintendent of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2016
(Current as of June 2022)