Chief Master Sergeant Michael R. Ditore is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Test Center. Air Force Materiel Command, Edwards Air Force Base, California. He is principle advisor to the commander and senior staff on all matters pertaining to morale, welfare, professional development, training and effective utilization of the center's 18,000 military and civilian personnel across 3 military installations and 30 geographically separated units. The Air Force Test Center is a $31 billion enterprise that provides developmental test and evaluation of experimental and research manned and unmanned air, space and cyber systems for the military services, DARPA, NASA and international partners; as well as operates the Air Force Test Pilot School.
Chief Ditore entered the Air Force in October 1991. He graduated from the tactical aircraft maintenance specialist course at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas, in February 1992. He has an extensive background in aircraft maintenance on various weapons systems including the F-15, F-16, MQ-1, MQ-9, and HH-60. Throughout his career, he has filled numerous roles to include a special duty tour with the United States Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron (Thunderbirds), and leadership positions at unit, squadron, group and wing levels. His assignments include bases in Germany, Nevada, Alaska, Idaho, and South Korea.
- 1996 Airman Leadership School, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
- 1999 Principles of Instruction, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- 2002 Associates Degree in Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
- 2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
- 2005 LOG 262: Applied Maintenance Management, Air Force Institute of Technology
- 2007 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter AFB, Ala.
- 2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
- 2011 Professional Management Certification, Community College of the Air Force
- 2014 Bachelors Degree in Organizational Management, Ashford University
- 2015 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
- 2016 AFSO21 Executive Leaders Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
- 2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
- 2016 Keystone Joint Leadership Course, National Defense University, Wash. DC
- 2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Judge Advocate General’s School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2017 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- 2018 Transnational Issues, Political-Economic Conflict Seminar, Wash. DC
- 2018 Air Force Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
- Oct 1991 - Nov 1991, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, TX
- Nov 1991 - Apr 1992, Student, Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Specialist, Sheppard AFB, TX
- Apr 1992 - Feb 1994, F-15 Assistant Crew Chief, 22nd Fighter Sq, Bitburg AB, Germany
(1992, F-15 Assistant Crew Chief, 22nd Fighter Sq, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey)
- Feb 1994 - Feb 1996, F-15 Dedicated Crew Chief, 57th Aircraft Generation Sq, Nellis AFB, NV
- Feb 1996 - Dec 1998, Dedicated Crew Chief, USAF Air Demonstration Sq, Nellis AFB, NV
- Dec 1998 - Nov 1999, F-15 Dedicated Crew Chief, 90th Fighter Sq, Elmendorf AFB, AK (Feb 1999 – Jun 1999, Dedicated Crew Chief, 90th Expeditionary Fighter Sq, Gwang Ju AB, Republic of Korea)
- Nov 1999 - Nov 2001, Maintenance Training Instructor, 3d Maintenance Operations Sq, Elmendorf AFB, AK (Mar 2001 – Jun 2001, Maintenance Training Instructor, 90th Expeditionary Fighter Sq, Incirlik AB, Turkey)
- Nov 2001 - Nov 2003, Flightline Expediter, 90th Fighter Sq, Elmendorf AFB, AK (Feb 2003 – May 2003, Flightline Expediter, 90th Expeditionary Fighter Sq, Osan AB, Republic of Korea)
- Nov 2003 - Apr 2005, Support Section Chief, 90th Fighter Sq, Elmendorf AFB, AK
(Aug 2004 - Jan 2005, Support Section Chief, 90th Expeditionary Fighter Sq, Gwang Ju AB, Republic of Korea)
- Apr 2005 - Aug 2005, APG Section Chief, 90th Fighter Sq, Elmendorf AFB, AK
- Aug 2005 - Dec 2006, Production Superintendent, 90th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Elmendorf AFB, AK
- Feb 2007 - Feb 2009, Lead Production Superintendent, 389th Aircraft Maint Unit, Mountain Home AFB, ID (May 2008 – Oct 2008, Lead Production Superintendent, 389th Expeditionary Fighter Sq, Andersen AFB, Guam)
- Feb 2009 - Dec 2009, Superintendent, 366th Maintenance Operations Sq, Mountain Home AFB, ID
- Dec 2009 - Dec 2010, Quality Assurance Superintendent, 8th Maintenance Group, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
- Jan 2011 - May 2012, Superintendent, 556 Test and Evaluation Sq, Creech AFB, NV
- May 2012 - Jun 2013, Helicopter Maintenance Unit Superintendent, 823d Maintenance Sq, Nellis AFB, NV (Jan 2013 – Jun 2013, Superintendent, 303rd Expeditionary Rescue Sq, Camp Lemmonier, Djibouti)
- Jun 2013 - May 2015, Maintenance Superintendent, 823d Maintenance Sq, Nellis AFB, NV. (Jan 2015-Apr 2015, Superintendent, OIR Personnel Recovery Task Force, Ali Al Saleem, Kuwait/Erbil Iraq)
- May 2015 - Nov 2016, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 432d Wing/432 Air Expeditionary Wing, Creech Air Force Base, NV
- Nov 2016 – Nov 2018, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 18th Wing, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
- Nov 2018- Pres, Command Chief Master Sergeant, AF Test Center, Edwards AFB, CA
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Legion of Merit
- Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Basic Military Training Honor Graduate
- Airman Leadership School Distinguished Graduate 1996
- 3rd Wing Crew Chief of the Year 1999
- PACAF Outstanding Maintenance Performer 2004
- PACAF Lt Gen Leo Marquez 2010
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- Chief Master Sergeant 1 July 2012
(Current as of November 2018)