Dr. Kathleen Thome-Diorio is the Director of Staff for the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), Air Force Materiel Command, Edwards Air Force Base, California. She is the executive management authority for the AFTC Commander, facilitating the flow of information between the AFTC center staff and the commander. Dr. Diorio manages the daily operations of the support staff and coordinates center activities with internal and external AFTC customers. As director, she serves in a key role in senior-level decision making and is a senior policy advisor on short and long-range issues for the highly technical Research, Development, Test and Evaluation Center encompassing Arnold, Eglin, and Edwards Air Force Bases. Dr. Diorio entered federal civil service in 1986 and has held positions in the comptroller and installation plans and programs disciplines.
- 1977 Bachelor of Science, Douglass College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- 1978 Master of Science, University of Wisconsin, La Crosse, WI
- 1987 Master of Public Administration, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA
- 2009 Ph.D., Public Policy & Administration, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN
- 2010 Air War College Graduate
- 1. February 1986 – April 1991, Budget Analyst, Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC) Financial Management, Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 2. April 1991 – June 1998, Business Management, Technical Directorate, 412th Test Wing, Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 3. June 1998 – July 2000, Reengineering, Plans and Programs, AFFTC Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 4. July 2000 – July 2003, Chief, Business Manager, Information Technology, AFFTC Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 5. July 2003 – July 2004, Budget Officer, Financial Management, AFFTC Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 6. July 2004 – May 2006, Comptroller, Financial Management, 95th Air Base Wing Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 7. May 2006 – March 2009, Chief, Plans and Programs, 95th Air Base Wing Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 8. March 2009 – July 2010, Director, Financial Management, 412th Test Wing Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 9. July 2010 – 2012, Director, Financial Management, AFFTC Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 10. July 2012 – July 2014, Director, Financial Management, Air Force Test Center (AFTC) Edwards AFB, Calif.
- 11. July 2014 – Present, Director of Staff, Air Force Test Center, USAF
- 1986 American Society of Military Comptrollers
- 1988 Air Force Flight Test Center Comptroller of the Quarter
- 1989 Air Force Systems Command Equal Employment Opportunity Program Award
- 1994 Acquisition Professional Development Program Level III Certification, Financial Management
- 1995 AFFTC winner, Federal Executive Board Contribution to Effective Cooperation Award
- 1998 Air Force Education with Industry Fellow
- 2003 Asian American Pacific Islander Program Civilian Key Advocate
- 2004 Certified Defense Financial Manager
- 2004 95 Air Base Wing Senior Leader Civilian of the Year
- 2006 Council for Excellence in Government Program Fellow
- 2008 National Honor Society for Public Affairs and Administration
- 2010 Adjunct Professor, School of Business and Technology, Webster University
- 2012 Certified Defense Financial Manager in Acquisition
(Current as of Jan 2017)